Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Pat's Day

Pat with the kids on our trip to Kirtland in 2007

Today Pat would have been 73 years old. It's still hard to think he's not here anymore. Boy we sure miss him. I miss his booming laugh, his very firm pats on the back and his good advice. I know Kurt misses his wise counsel more than all of us. I know the kids miss our visits with him and his genuine interest in all that is going on in their lives. We knew Pat would be so proud of Montana when we found out she got accepted to BYU. It was his dream for all his grandkids to attend there. But we also know that he was very practical and would whole-heartedly agree with her decision to attend UVU on scholarship.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAT! WE LOVE YOU!

2 comments:

Ryan said...

First off, can I tell you how much I love Indy in this photo. Classic! I miss Pat too. I always felt good and important when I was around him. He taught me to always wave at cars down in Wayne County. This past trip I was doing that and Kam asked me why I waved to all the cars. I told him it was because of Uncle Pat. Silly, but I was thinking of him.

Christy said...

Love this. We have been thinking of him all day.