Thursday, March 7, 2013

Washington Seattle Mission



It's pretty amazing how long two weeks feels when you are waiting for something as exciting as a mission call! Montana had spoken with our bishop early in the week and knew that the call had been issued. Most of the time that means the envelope will come in the mail on Wednesday. Unfortunately it didn't arrive that day! I thought Montana was going to have a nervous breakdown! 
But today's mail finally brought that familiar white envelope. Even harder, though, was waiting until 7:30 to actually open it up! All the England family came to the house along with Montana's roommates and Kenzie Holmes. 

Mom & Dad brought the beautiful flowers to Montana.


She was crying before she even started opening the envelope! But she was able to read enough to get to Washington Seattle English speaking. I am thrilled and I think she is pretty happy too. I kept thinking of all the things that will be so much easier to do having her in the states and so close by-----I am a mom after all! 
She will enter the MTC on June 5-----only about 3 months from now. I'm sure that time will fly by for all of us. 

We called Sherry to tell her the good news and she said Pat had a hand in her call seeing as Seattle was where the mission home was for the Northwestern Mission where he served. I was thinking about him the whole day feeling so sad that he is not here to see his grandchildren serve missions but I know he will be doing all he can on the other side. 

one of the cute gifts given to Montana by my sisters

One of Montana's roommates took oodles of pictures which she is going to pass along so I will have more to post in the future. I think we spent a good hour taking all sorts of shots so I'm looking forward to seeing all of them!






No comments: