Monday, July 30, 2012

My crappy birthday



My birthday this year was a really good one despite what the title of this post might make you think. I got to have breakfast with Kurt at Kneader's and a little shopping at Fashion Place Mall. That night the Hunters and Andersons invited us to take a razor ride from Wallsburg over to Daniels Summit and have dinner at the lodge there.

Ready to eat dinner!


The gang minus Jim (taking the picture).

gross.....
So, on the way back, we were behind the Hunters. There were cows all around during the entire ride therefore there was lots of cow manure on the trail. And there were quite a few puddles.... Dave happened to drive right through a puddle and a big load of manure which flung directly back at my forehead and all over my side of the razor. 


a little blurry but you get it

This is after Gina got most of the manure off!
It took me a minute to realize it wasn't mud! Then the smell hit me. It was pretty lucky that I had brought baby wipes. Otherwise I would have had to ride all the way home with that crap all over my face! It was still pretty gross even after I got most of it off. 

Despite that hilarious incident, my birthday was a success and will probably even be one of my more memorable ones. 
The sunset on the way down from the ride.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Love it. Such a beautiful area up there. You can see the Keller's cabin in the picture of you and Kurt. It's the cabin behind you on the far right. So many great memories going up there in high school.

Kurt and Marnie said...

I didn't know the Kellers had a cabin up there. So fun!