Wednesday, July 18, 2012

July 4th weekend in Grover-Day 3

The Grover float

Crew & Kai with their loot.
The pie-eating contest
Barbecue at the barn
Getting a well-deserved wash after the fun weekend.


The 4th of July parade in Torrey was actually on Saturday, July 7. Go figure. Anyway, I mentioned hating parades in an earlier post. I guess I will have to make an exception. I LOVED the Torrey parade. Not too hot, not too long and not very many people.....compared to Provo anyway. And the parade entrants throw candy! Score! This year they even gave out miniature apple pies from the little store in Capitol Reef. Perry, Emerson and some more girl cousins were  princesses on our family float and Penn and Indy skateboarded behind.

The pie-eating contest took place in the park after the parade. I don't think I've ever actually seen one of those before. Cafe Diablo makes the pies every year. I have yet to eat at that place! I've only heard good things. Soon....

Later that evening we headed to the barn for a barbecue and hanging out with the Dietlein clan. Tons of good food and good conversation followed by fireworks. Even though we missed Coronado we couldn't have asked for a better 4th of July! We sure love to go to the ranch and hang out with family.


No comments: