Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Costa Rica Part 4-Fishing & Flu bugs

Day 2 started early. We headed out to go fishing. I wasn't going to go but decided what the heck! We went out on two boats--the girls and Dave in one boat and all the rest of the guys in the other. I hadn't fished in years----probably the last time was with Grandpa Peterson in Joe's Valley. We had a great time. I even caught a couple and so did Kurt on the other boat. By the time we were finished about mid-morning, I was not feeling well. I thought it was just because I hadn't eaten very much and didn't have anything to drink the whole time we were out on the water. I quickly realized that was not the case. The whole rest of the day I was nauseous and wiped out. I would just move from the bed to the hammock on the top deck back to the bed depending on how I felt. The sickness would go in waves. When I was feeling okay I would try and be somewhat social for a few minutes.

Luckily, after a good night's sleep, I was feeling back to normal. Unfortunately, before the trip was over, Dave, Alan and Laura all caught the bug. Thank goodness it only lasted about 24 hours or less. Not a fun thing to have on vacation.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Sucks to get sick on a vacation. I am writing this from our hotel at Disneyland. Here on our annual trip. We did February last year and had perfect weather and crowds. The crowds this time are bigger (second to getting sick on the vacation suck factor), but overall we're having a fun time. We'll post some pics soon. Jealous of your excursion!