Friday, March 20, 2009

WHEW!!!!

This was a crazy week and I am so glad it is over! I am still itching to get out of town and it is still not going to happen soon enough.

Monday we had visiting teaching interviews in the morning. We had two hours blocked out for the 3 of us but I think maybe 4 or 5 sisters showed up. I have to say that I wasn't disappointed! I was so anxious to get home to start preparing for an FHE group from Kurt's ward to come over for dinner. I spent the whole rest of the day in the kitchen! And I thought I was doing a meal that was fairly easy to prepare. Next time I will think twice before I make haystacks! Now I have fed these kids many times before but I was reminded again how much they eat! I cooked a 5 lb. bag of rice and they were still looking for more after THAT was cooked. Kurt didn't even eat any rice! I think I am going to call Panda Express next time.

Tuesday I had a quiet day------just enough time to gear up and prepare for the rest of the week. Wednesday we had more visiting teaching interviews in the afternoon. Thursday I spent most of the day getting things ready for our quarterly enrichment. I don't know how I had time to do everything I needed to do that day. Of course all the kids had soccer practices that they had to be to right at the time I needed to be at the church. Luckily I was able to get rides for them. But the enrichment went really well and I am very happy with the turnout even though it wasn't the greatest number of people we have ever had. A lady named Lisa Harkness came and talked to us about food storage. She was amazing! I was very impressed with how much knowledge she had. She really knew her stuff.

Today I only had to take Montana and Finn to the orthodontist first thing in the morning. Then I came home and what did I do???-------clean, of all things. I actually did take 45 minutes to go get a pedicure but I need a break longer than that.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Hey Marnie! Was it the Lisa Harkness from Highland? She's our stake YW president so I get to see her every so often. She is darling! I didn't know she was a food storage pro but it doesn't surprise me. Amazing lady. Anyways- its always fun to keep up with you through the blog!

Kurt and Marnie said...

Yes, it was Lisa Harkness from Highland--the very same lady! YOu should go get her book because she is awesome. My enrichment leader's brother is her bishop or maybe a bishop in your stake???( Bunker).

I wish my blog was cute and had lots of pictures like yours but I am still learning! Maybe someday! Hope you guys are doing well. We should hook up for dinner soon!

Kurt and Marnie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.