Thursday, November 20, 2008

Me......a teacher?

When I was growing up I ALWAYS wanted to be a teacher. My favorite thing to play was always school. But when I got to college I wasn't sure I wanted to go into elementary education. I ended up studying French and was on track to get my teaching certificate along with my French degree. But adding a few more semesters to my schooling in order to get that teaching certificate was not a priority once Kurt and I got married!

Today I am going to subsitute teach a class of 3rd graders for the first time! My dream is coming true in a sense. I don't know that it will be everything I always wanted to do but we will try it and see. And I am so nervous----and it's not even for a full day---only 3 1/2 hours!

2 comments:

Kaci Morgan said...

Cool, Marn! You will have to let me know how that goes!

Barb Elder said...

Wow you didn't tell me. Way to go. How did it go? I am sure you were the cuties teacher those kids have every had.