Wednesday, November 5, 2008

HALLOWEEN (5 DAYS LATER)

Jake & Riley

The 3 nerds (Dayson, Cade and Indy)

Indy





Emerson And the doughnuts!
How nice it was to have Halloween on a Friday! No worrying about getting to bed at a decent hour or homework. It got a little crazy at our house. Since we didn't have any doughnuts left over last year, Kurt suggested I make a double batch! (one batch makes about 150!!!!) So I did and, surprisingly, we didn't have that many left again. We probably had about 30 people in our house for part of the night. It was such a nice night that we kept the door open and people just wandered in and out. Thanks to my neighbor Shayne who bought a deep fryer that I was able to use. Two fryers makes the process a whole lot quicker! Although it is a LOT of work, in the end, it is worth it!




5 comments:

Nicole said...

Wow-zah Marn!!
I've never made homemade donuts before. They look awesome!!
I want the recipe.
What a fun tradition!
LOVE the nerd friends!!
I'm serious about the donut recipe.

Christy said...

I want one of those. You might have to bust these out at the ranch.

Doug and Brandy said...

Yummy! I missed your donuts this year!!!

Barb Elder said...

I guess I am going to have to come trick or treating next year to get one of your donuts. My mother use to make donuts. So yummy! Love the pictures. Great costumes, cute kids.

Julie said...

I can't believe you make that many doughnuts! Next year you need to dress up as Superwoman to serve those things!