Thursday, October 25, 2012

Reunited!

 road trippin' with the folks

I finally got the chance to go see Indy last week! The trip actually had a dual purpose. My parents were going to So. Cal for Max's funeral so I decided to go with them and then stay a few extra days. 


San Clemente Pier

We got to San Clemente Thursday night and went out to dinner with Granddad and Dorothy at the pier. It was a little early celebration dinner for Mom's and Granddad's birthdays. I got to stay at Dan & Jan's house that night-----what a gorgeous house! Nothing like having a sleepover with your aunt in the kid's bunk room!

Friday was the funeral and it was amazing! Courtney and Gordon are amazing---such strong testimonies. Although the accident is such a tragic thing, I know that they feel peace and will continue to feel that because of the gospel and the plan of salvation.

When I finally made it to Laguna, Indy wasn't really in a hurry to see me! He was with friends and taking his sweet time to get home. I was dying! After a couple of hours he got home and it was so good to see him! He's gotten taller.  And all the surfing has made his shoulders and arms pretty strong! Watch out Finn----little brother is getting bigger!!

That night I went with Peter and Darin and all the kids to the Laguna High football game. It was a lot like the games here at Orem---very social with tons of parents and families. It was fun to see Indy in his social scene.

Saturday was spent doing a little skimming, shopping at Irvine Spectrum and just hanging out. Unfortunately the weather wasn't the greatest that day so I didn't spend any time at the beach.

The next few days were just spent hanging out at Darin's. I didn't really do much of anything. It was nice not to have a schedule and just be around to be with Indy. He seems like he is doing very well and enjoying his stay. We all sure miss him though and will be glad when he is back home with us.

Big shout out to Peter, Darin and family for taking care of him!!

No comments: