Monday, August 2, 2010

This n that

Why does summer always have to fly by so fast? I don't like it when August arrives and I know that kids start back to school in August! A little bit of routine does sound good but not for a few more weeks. We have one more trip coming up and it's one of our favorites----beach week with the Brian cousins.
So last week Finn and Indy were at scout camp at Scofield Reservoir with Penn and Ford. How lucky is that--to be able to go with your cousins to scout camp. I'm not sure they would have gone otherwise. I think they had a pretty fun time. It seemed like they were gone FOREVER! They earned quite a few merit badges each. Finn is SO close to his Eagle now. Hallelujah---one almost down.
This week Montana will be gone to cross country camp in Price and Emerson will be at Clear Creek. It will be a new experience for both of them! Can't wait to hear how the week went.
Last week was my birthday. It was a pretty good day--nothing special. I woke up early to do a long run. I HATE to wake up early but I wanted to get it done so I could enjoy the rest of my day. When I got home, Kurt had a box of Daylight Donuts waiting for me. Nice. Emerson and I had lunch at Pizzeria 712 and then we spent the rest of the afternoon at the Lindon pool. Kurt and I went to dinner and then we went out for yogurt with the Hunters. It's taken me 41 years to learn that special occasions like birthdays are all about expectations. If you don't have any, then you can't be disappointed! Last year, on my 40th birthday, I had high expectations. And when NONE of them were met, I was unhappy to say the least. This year-no expectations. Therefore, it was a pretty good day.
Actually the fun part of my birthday came last weekend when Kurt and I went to St. George for a few days. We basically sat by the pool and read for the most part. We did leave the house when we were in need of some food! It was heaven. I could have used maybe one more day or so to de-stress but I think I'm rejuvenated enough to make it through the rest of the summer!

No comments: