Friday, June 4, 2010

Sugar Tour 2010

Yesterday we had to go to the airport to pick up Austin Williams (son of Dave and Shawneen Williams----good friends from BYU). He's in town for a BYU football camp. Since we were going to be in Salt Lake, I decided we should visit some places we have wanted to visit for a while.
Hatch Family Chocolates was first on the list. There is a show on TLC called The Little Chocolatiers about the people who run this store. It's a little couple and they make the craziest things out of chocolate. We bought some chocolate-covered apricots for Grandpa England. Montana and Austin had some chocolate-covered raspberries. Finn had chocolate-covered pineapple. Emerson had a HUGE caramel. And I had the most delicious turtle I think I've every had!
Next on the list was the London Market. Aunt Jodie has been a fan of this store for a long time. She has taken the kids there several times. The store is filled with all kinds of products from England. We especially like the candy. Hob Nobs were always my favorite cookie when I was living in London. I didn't buy any this time but we bought SoftMints, Kinder and pastilles.
Next, a new Red Mango was opening up in Sugarhouse and they were giving away FREE yogurt. At least the yogurt was good for us!
Finally, to round out the evening, we went to Kaci and Aaron's house for dessert. They blessed baby Ethan and had the family over.
I made these chocolate scotcheroos------my personal favorite!


Grandma England stopped by Smart Cookie and picked up these yummy delights.

After having all that dessert, we stopped by Costa Vida on the way home. No wonder I had such a stomach ache last night!



No comments: