Friday, January 15, 2010

Good Read

I LOVE to read! I go through periods when I can't read enough! It seems like I just fly through book after book. I have to have another one waiting in the wings so I can immediately start reading a new story. There is nothing better to me than curling up with a good book in front of the fire-----especially at this time of year when it's kind of gloomy and cold outside. But I also love to have a good book when I'm heading to the beach. I remember taking a trip to Cancun with the Hunters. The boys decided to certify to scuba dive. Jil was pregnant at the time so I decided to stay and hang out with her. I think, during those 3-4 days, Jil and I went to the pool every day and didn't move from the time the guys left until they came back at the end of the day. Thank heavens for poolside service! This is the latest book I have been reading. I love it. It's right up my alley. I never knew Mary Todd Lincoln was the subject of such controversy in her day!

3 comments:

AbbSTUHH said...

Ooooh, Marnie, you need a kindle. I got one for Christmas and it rocks!

AbbSTUHH said...

sorry, that was from me, Lorie Tucker. I guess I'm logged into my daughter's FB

Marnie said...

I can't decide if I WANT a Kindle. My mom has one and loves it. But there is nothing like actually holding a good book in your hands! And I have a thing about thick books. The more pages the better for me! It would be nice to be able to get a book immediately though. I'll have to look in to it! Glad you love yours.