Sunday, December 27, 2009

Over the river....

and through the woods to Grandmother's house we go! I think it would have been better had I taken a sleigh on the way to the ranch Tuesday night! I left way too late in the day so I ended up travelling in the dark the whole way. From Scipio to Loa I don't think I drove faster than 40 miles per hour! Most of the roads were unplowed, the snow was blowing and drifting and I don't think we saw more than a dozen other cars on the road. I was convinced that we were going to end up in a snowbank overnight. I kept telling the kids that we would be okay if that did happen considering all the food we had packed in the car! But we made it safe and sound albeit an hour and a half later than we would have in normal road conditions.

1 comment:

April said...

You didn't mention that you had a dozen and a half of eggs on your lap the whole way. That's the best part!!