Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Wasatch Back 2009

This past weekend, I ran the Wasatch Back with a group of girls from my neighborhood. We had a team of 6 girls and 6 guys. The race starts in Logan and goes 188 miles to end in Park City. Each runner runs 3 different times with total mileage from 13 to about 18-19 miles. I was runner #5 and my 3 legs were 7.4, 4.5, and 2.5 miles.
This is about the only picture I have of me-----and it's not even me running!

We were supposed to be support for Raquel while she was running but had to take some time out to stretch!!!!!

This picture was taken at the end of my first leg in Avon Pass. It was so beautiful! The funny part about this picture is that about a second later the fence broke and everyone (but me) fell flat on their backs in the weeds! Another van full of runners was passing by at the precise moment we fell and found it quite amusing!

Heidi & Allison right before Allison's turn to run.

Raquel getting ready for her exchange.

Leslie on her first leg.
Cassidy on her first leg.

Cassidy was runner #1. Here she is at the starting line-obviously not nervous at all!


The girls team in front of our lovely van before we decorated it up nicely!Getting ready to run!

The starting line!
This race was so much fun and I can't wait to do it again next year!

No comments: