Monday, June 8, 2009

Grandma June 1920-2009

Grandma June passed away Saturday morning. She had just turned 89 on June 1. She had been very healthy until just a few years ago. She was starting to have some dementia and fell down the stairs at her house a couple times in the last few months. They rushed her to the hospital Saturday morning. She had pneumonia and a serious urinary tract infection. All her organs had shut down at that point.

We had seen her about 2 weeks before. She and Granddad had come to dinner at Mom's so that was the last chance we had to visit with her. I was remembering with Uncle Corey last night how much time I spent with Grandma, Granddad, Corey and Todd when I was young. I remember several trips to Jackson Hole in the camper. I remember many Sunday dinners and Grandma's yummy roast. I remember many Christmas mornings at Grandma's opening presents and stuffing ourselves with aebleskivers.

I appreciate your wonderful example of service to Granddad and your six sons. I will miss you!

No comments: