Saturday, April 4, 2009

Hey, she's not 16 yet!

Last night about 11:00 p.m., as Kurt and I were driving home from our date, my cell phone rang. I looked at the phone and didn't recognize the number. So I answered.
Me: Hello.
Caller: Sister Brian? (oh no, this could be bad!)
Me: Yes.
Caller: Hi, this is Morgan.
Me: Hey Morgan, how are you?
Caller: Good. I have something to ask you.
Me: Yes, go ahead.
Caller: I know Montana is not 16 yet but I was wondering if it would be okay if I asked her to Prom.
Me: (Trying to hold back a scream....) Yes, that would be okay.
Caller: Okay, thanks, bye.

I was so excited! So we got home, got the kids to bed and about 10 minutes later, the doorbell rang. Kurt answered and I asked him who it was. He said no one was there. We didn't think anything of it. About 10 minutes later the doorbell rang again. Kurt answered again and said no one was there. But we sat and watched both doors for a minute to see if we could see who the doorbell ditcher might be. Then Kurt looked out the front door window and saw something on the front porch. Sure enough, there was a note with 2 easter eggs asking Montana to prom. She was sleeping over at Monique's so she wasn't even home to see it. I was dying for her to come home this morning and see it! We also didn't realize until this morning that there were easter eggs all over the front lawn!






She was so excited!

She had to look through all the eggs to find the letters to Morgan's name. She knew who it was as soon as she found the first letter!
I know, I know, she's not 16 yet! But we had talked about this a few months ago and we told Montana that if Morgan and only Morgan asked her, she could go to Prom. The dance is April 25 so she will really only be 5 weeks away from 16.

5 comments:

Tracey said...

I can't believe you have a daughter who is going to dances already. That is crazy!

The Andrews said...

Montana is turning 16, wow that is crazy! I hope you have a blast Montana!

Barb Elder said...

Morgan must be a great guy to let her go. That is so fun!! Congrats to Montana. Have fun:)

Christy said...

How exciting! I hope she found a prom dress. It was so fun to run into you guys. And I can't wait to see you all this week!

olderockhouse said...

how exciting for Montana and what a beauty. Phil & Barbara were always so great with dances because they were school events like games and stomps and rally's. They always let us do the dances as long as we were with a big group. Regular dating at 16, school events at 14. Loved that! Hope she has a wonderful time! So why is Morgan special ;)