Thursday, January 22, 2009

THE RULE OF THREE

Hopefully this rule applies to our family and home repairs because it has been an expensive month for us!

1. As we were cleaning up after the Christmas chaos, the girls had a tug-of-war with the vacuum hose and ripped it apart. Central vac hoses are not cheap! ($244)

2. You know how much laundry you have when you come back from vacation? Well, right in the middle of all of that, my dryer goes on the fritz. ($137--$20 for the belt, $99 for the service call!) Luckily, I have a back-up dryer but still!

3. Last night, the boys were playing around and someone smacked an elbow into the window in the front door. We are thankful for tempered glass and no injuries. ($????) Still waiting for the glass guys.

4 comments:

lyndarene said...

Hey Marnie...I lived across the street from you a long, long time ago in Draper Utah...Lynda Thomassen??? Montana and Finn were only like 2 and a few months. We had dinner at your place? I found your website through the Masons. I am living in Tahoe and have "Five" children. I take photographs and you can see my kids plastered all over my website...Landon, Hayden, Logan, Hudson and Hadley. (I was lucky enough to get one girl):) My husband Dean passed away suddenly when I was pregnant with my daughter. Let me know if you remember me...here is my website www.bluelakephotography.typepad.com
:)

Wendy Noel said...

I feel for you. Our suburban was acting a little funny so we had it checked out. One fuel pump and $900 later it was fixed. there went our trip to Vegas!

Marnie said...

Lynda-
I do remember you from so long ago! And you have 5 children----way to go! I am so sad to hear about Dean. You just never know what life is going to bring. I hope things are going well. Beautiful pictures by the way. How did you end up in Lake Tahoe?

lyndarene said...

Lots of family up here! We always spent summer vacations up here so I immediately felt at home:) You both look the same! (well except for the four kids!) Glad to see that you both are doing well and have a beautiful family!!