Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Departure Day



For Finn's last night at home, Kurt and I took he and Maddie out to dinner. We were following a tradition of that since that's what Kurt and I did with his parents the night before he left on his mission 25 years ago! Since there was no Marie Callendar's close by-------we went to Pizzeria 712. (much better anyway....)


It was so hard to have to tell these boys to clear out so we could get Finn packed up. They have all been such good friends to Finn over the years. Alex is the next to leave in August and the rest will be leaving not too far in the future. Of course, a few like Q and Jonny have already left.


We dropped by over to the Hunters to pay a visit to Nate. He had surgery yesterday morning so he isn't able to be up and around quite yet. These boys have been friends since birth. After we came home from the airport I was looking at Finn's phone and found a very sweet text from Nate. He thanked Finn for being such a good friend and credited him with his decision to also go on a mission. Makes me cry all over again. These are some good, good boys...

grabbing a little cat nap on the way to the airport...

now if that doesn't make you tear up....




The airport was FULL of missionaries. It was so exciting to see. I think it gave Finn a renewed sense of excitement seeing all of them ready to embark on the same adventure.

One of the most tender mercies we have received through this mission process is that Savy and Finn were booked on the same flight to Mexico City together. How lucky they are to have each other through their MTC experience. 

Today was hard.....really hard. I'm not sure if it's the culmination of sending 2 missionaries out but I'm having a hard time not crying. I'm pretty sure I don't love Montana less than Finn but I didn't cry this much when we dropped her off at the MTC.  I really would not want Montana or Finn doing anything else right now but that doesn't make it any easier necessarily. I am so proud of each of them and feel really lucky to be their mom. 






2 comments:

Ryan said...

Your post made me cry, Marnie. So proud of your kids, but so much more proud of you and Kurt for your parenting to them and example to me and Lindz. Excited to see the day our boys go.

Wendy Noel said...

Marnie, I love your post! My Hayden will be going to the Mexico City MTC the end of October. I've heard taking them to the airport is a lot harder then the Provo MTC. I think no matter what its all hard!!! Wonderful but hard!