Monday, April 23, 2012

Personal Records

4754563_list

Yesterday I gave a lesson in YW on Personal Records. I never would have thought that this particular lesson would cause such strong emotions in me but it did! I was reminded over and over again as I prepared that the records that we keep are not necessarily for us but for those who will come after us. The lesson also referenced a 2007 conference talk by Elder Eyring called O Remember, Remember.  And I DO remember listening to this talk! He talks about how writing things down is a way for us to see God's hand in our lives and to be grateful for those things. 

All these reminders were a confirmation to me that this blog is my way of keeping a journal and that it is important not only to me but to future generations (as trivial as many things on my blog may be...). 

1 comment:

Nichole Barney said...

I totally agree! Sometimes I want to be done with blogging because it is so much work but when I print off my books I realize how great it is to have it! I don't think I would write anything down otherwise.