Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

We celebrated the day by making shamrock shakes! And, to celebrate our family's favorite Irishman Grandpa Pat, I ate a handful of raisins and nuts. I would have pulled out the box of See's chocolates if I had any.... Pat would have been 74 today and we sure miss him. 

 In other news, Emerson didn't make student council. :( She was okay with it considering only one of her friends made it. There were about 5 or 6 girls from the neighborhood who ran. None of our kids have ever run for an office so this is all new to me. But, from what I understand, it basically boils down to who the Student Council Advisor wants in her class. Doesn't quite seem fair to me but whatever...

2 comments:

Ryan said...

RECOUNT! I demand a frickin' recount!

Kurt and Marnie said...

Thanks for your support Ryan!!! :)