Thursday, February 16, 2012

My newest must-haves



I have never been a real girly-girl. I don't think I wore make-up through half of high school. And my wedding pictures---UGH! I'm glad I at least wore some mascara for those... Note to self: make sure daughters wear makeup for wedding.
But lately I have been obsessed with some girly stuff like nails and eyelashes! Kurt, it turns out, actually LIKES it when my nails are painted. I don't have the most attractive hands but when my nails are super short and have cute polish---not so bad. Gel polish is the only way to go. I learned quickly that doing lots of dishes the day after a manicure will ruin that manicure in a heartbeat! The gel polish lasts for weeks. I'm pretty sure I'm hooked.
As for the eyelashes, I think I have the shortest lashes on the planet. Last year in Costa Rica all the other ladies on our trip had eyelash extensions and always looked so pretty with no makeup. So I decided to try them out before our trip this year. I think I'm going to have a hard time ever NOT having them. I love not wearing mascara. Yes, they can be pricey but I think they are worth it. How sad is it that my lashes with extensions are not quite as long as Montana's natural lashes with mascara... Who gave her those genes??

No comments: