Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Giving Up

Okay, so many of you know, I have an addiction. Yes, I am admitting it........I have an addiction! So, last week, without really planning on it, I decided to try and quit drinking Diet Coke every day. I was at Education Week and HAD to settle for caffeine-free Diet Coke for lunch one day. I wasn't feeling too bad at the end of the day so I decided to not have a caffeinated DC the next day. Lo and behold, here I am at day 7 with no DC! The only day I really craved one was on Sunday after fasting all day. I will probably not go through life without ever having another Diet Coke but I am going to try and severely cut down on the number I drink each week. I'm so proud of myself!

1 comment:

Christy said...

What!?! I am so proud of you. That is not easy. Brett was gone for a week on the 50 miler hike with NO Dr. Pepper. He was so worried but ended up being fine. Only one small headache on the first day. Now he is relieved thinking he isn't addicted and is back to his 1-2 a day!