Thursday, October 23, 2008

Back Up and Running

I went to the physical therapist yesterday to get the low-down on my knee and find out if I can ever run another marathon. And the answer is yes!! It was just as I had thought-IT band, an EXTREMELY tight IT band. I have heard that ITs can be a recurring problem especially with women runners. But the physical therapist was confident that, with a couple weeks of work, I can be back on track. I also found out that my left leg is slightly longer than my right-which is not unusual. That only aggravated my problems once I started running longer distances.

Time to go running!

3 comments:

Doug and Brandy said...

You go girl!!!!

Christy said...

That is good news! I will be curious to see what you will have to do to fix it.

Kurt and Marnie said...

I just have to go the physical therapist for a few weeks and let  him scrape down the scar tissue----sounds worse than it is.  He literally scrapes the side of my knee with this hard plastic tool.  He also gave me lots of good stretches.